Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

In the beginning...

So... this is where I start.

For as long as I can remember... wait, scratch that cliche. Since college, when I finally decided that I wanted to be a writer, I have known that I have wanted to write about health and fitness. I plugged away at local papers, local magazines, business magazines and even a television station. I've sent my stuff to anywhere I thought I might have a chance.

And now I'm 8 years removed from my collegiate days and 2 kids deep in the game. Life has been busy. Great, but at times I can barely catch my breath. Days seem to never end and sometimes the nights are endless--if that makes any sense at all.

And though I haven't quite (can you insert sarcasm into a blog?) made it big career-wise, we've all got to start somewhere. So this is it. I figure that no one is going to hand me a column in Oxygen or Muscle and Fitness Hers. Why not get at it now? Write what I want, when I want and try to help someone along the way.

I've spent years struggling with my weight and since giving birth finally feel strong, powerful and beautiful.  There's something really magical about pushing an 8 and 1/2 pound human being out of your body without the assistance of anyone or anything... twice.

I do have some fitness qualifications, including holding a personal training certification and a Tae Bo fitness instructor certification. But most of my "expertise" comes from trial and error and a desire to know just what my body and my mind can accomplish when they work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment