Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Back into the fray

The last several months have been like a sort of mindless wander for me, marked with several difficult events that have made me reconsider what it is I want to do with my life. Let me begin at the beginning of all this...

First of all, I decided to end my relationship with Beachbody. My goals have changed and they no longer meshed with what I was doing as a Beachbody coach. I still love the Beachbody franchise and what the products do for the average Joe/Jane, but I myself am no longer an average Jane. But I'll get to that in a later post.

Secondly, life has thrown a couple of curve balls at my family and friends as of late. And to continue with the baseball metaphor, those curve balls have been three strikes. To begin, my grandfather went in for a triple bypass surgery about a month ago, and several days following the surgery suffered a stroke. Things were touch and go for a while, but luckily he is now home and recovering. While we were concerned for his health, the hardest part of that ordeal was seeing someone so strong and staunch as vulnerable.

Several weeks following that, my community lost two of its members unexpectedly. The first was a man, a year or two younger than me, who died suddenly one night. I didn't know him personally, but remembered his smiling face from high school. He was a football player. I still don't know the cause of his death, but have heard rumors. But I'm not going to weigh someone's life on the rumors of his death. That is not my place.

And finally, a few days before the Fourth of July, we lost Mr. Walker, the baseball coach and health and gym teacher from my high school. I grew up with his daughter, took his gym class in high school, and my husband played baseball for him for 4 years. I think I can honestly say without Mr. Walker's influence, my husband would be a different person today. Mr. Walker was a funny guy with a big heart. And he will be truly missed by hundreds of people.

Yeah, life throws some sad stuff at you. You find that your health, your happiness and even your life are not guaranteed. But what you also find is that if you work at life, life works for you. Over the course of the last three years, I have kind of lost myself, along the way finding a new self that mainly plays the role of mother, caretaker and wife. I haven't been working at being myself or at doing the things that satisfy me beyond my family.

Inspiration for change comes in all forms. For some its a picture on the cover of a magazine. For others its the work of a role model, celebrity or close friend. And still for others its the path that life takes for us. While I've witnessed change in all its forms, I'm still lucky enough to have been left standing tall.

That being said, I'm going to take the experiences I've had over the last several months and challenge myself to reach my goals. I'm hoping big things will be happening in the next 16 weeks. Who's with me?

**What has been your greatest accomplishment so far in your life? What is the next goal you hope to reach? What inspires you the most?**

No comments:

Post a Comment