Pages

Friday, February 3, 2012

The (gym) clothes make the (wo)man

I have never been a "girlie girl." I rarely wear make-up, hardly ever do my hair and my wardrobe consists of practical, comfortable clothes (read: I wear stretchy pants... ALOT).

Maybe that's part of the reason I enjoy the gym so much, because it's totally okay to wear stretchy pants there, all the time, no questions asked. As a matter of fact, its frowned upon if you don't (except for guys, but that's a different post all together!).

I love shopping for gym clothes probably more than anything else... except food that is. I recently bought a new tank and to be honest, I've already worn it to the gym twice this week. I'll justify this, though, by saying I was there at two completely different times so it's doubtful anyone noticed, and I did wash the shirt).

But this tank is different. Not that its not really cut, which it is. And it fits great, not too loose, not too tight. This one has a message: "There are no shortcuts." I love it.

I don't know how I found Reflect It Apparel, but I love it. Not only are the shirts totally motivational and made with really unique patterns on the fabric (referred to as "burnout"), but they are messages to the world that fit and healthy are a lifestyle.

The company was founded by a woman, named Jill Altorfer, who lost her mother and mother-in-law to cancer. Now she's working to promote prevention rather than intervention when it comes to health. I agree with her 100 percent.

Life should not be about waiting for something to go wrong before fixing it; it should be about taking a proactive role in your health and creating the best life possible. We are all given so many opportunities in life, if we don't eventually seize them, they're going to run out.

I say thanks to Jill and Reflect It Apparel, and I'm going to keep on rocking this awesome tank.



What do you like to wear to the gym? 

Are there any opportunities in life that you regret not taking?

No comments:

Post a Comment